Being health is not an option. So below is some information that can help support you on your journey to wellness.
Here's a crash course of nutrition to help you out on this journey:
Nutrients can be divided into two categories: macronutrients, and micronutrients.
Macronutrients: are those nutrients that the body needs in large amounts. These provide the body with energy (calories).
Micronutrients: are those nutrients that the body needs in smaller amounts - think vitamins and minerals
- Fuel during exercise and body movements
- Fuel for the central nervous system (your brain!)
- Fuel for most body functions and processes
- Adds fiber to our diet
- Vegetables (fresh over frozen or canned)
- Grains (prioritize whole grains)
- Fruit (choose whole fruits more often than fruit juices)
- Helps develop and maintain tissue structures (part of organ tissues, muscle, hair, skin, nails, bones, tendons, ligaments and blood plasma)
- Part of cell plasma membranes involved in metabolic, transport, and hormone systems
Make up enzymes that regulate metabolism
- Involved in acid/base balance to maintain a neutral environment in our bodies
- Legumes (beans, peas, lentils, chickpeas, peanuts)
- Nuts and Seeds
- Soy products, such as tofu and tempeh
- Whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat, oats, corn, quinoa, sorghum, millet, and many more!)
- Animal sources
- Energy reserve
- Protects vital organs
- Keeps us warm
- Transport fat soluble vitamins
- Meat, fish, dairy*
*Those who follow a vegan lifestyle should consider taking an algae-based omega-3 supplement, as this type of fat is difficult to obtain from plant-based fats.
I hope this was helpful.
Food alone today will not give you all of the minerals and vitamin that your body needs to maintain at an optimal level. I highly recommend that we all should take high potent supplement that will help support our body maintenance and function properly. Watch this video to learn more on why:
Below are some foundational supplements that I believe are a MUST HAVE that could be very helpful and a good place to start.
Shaklee Multivitamins (Gluten Free and Kosher)
High potency multivitamin and multimineral* Plus MORE
Vita-D3 ® (Gluten Free and Kosher)
New! Double the potency with 2000 IU of vitamin D3 per tablet.
Potent form of vitamin D3 to support overall health, bone health, and immunity.*
Zinc Complex (Kosher)
Support your immune system, metabolism, energy production + more*
Think of zinc as nature’s metabolic workhorse. It helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses.* It also works as a trigger for over 200 different enzymes that are present in virtually every cell of your body and are vital to supporting your immune function, energy production, healthy metabolism, thyroid health, protein digestion, and more.*
Sustained Release Vita-C ® (Gluten Free and Kosher)
Cellular antioxidant and immune support*
Your body is capable of many things, but it can't make vitamin C. Available in Sustained Release and Chewable formulas, Vitamin C has been shown to support immune health and help maintain natural antioxidant defenses that protect against free radicals.*
Get your personal plan TODAY!
Learn more about the brand and the Shaklee Effect
7-Day Healthy Cleanse (Gluten Free)
Feel better in one week. Guaranteed.§
Ready, set, cleanse. Completely reset your system, reduce cravings, improve sleep, and jump start weight loss. Carefully selected supplements in convenient daily packets with a step-by-step cleanse guide and supporting diet plan. Click here for resources.